My Australian Adventure
On the 30th of July I went on holiday to see my Dad in Brisbane Australia, but I didn’t realise how adventurous my holiday was going to be!!!!
A couple of hours into my flight on Air New Zealand, the pilot spoke on the loud speaker and told us that Brisbane Airport was closed because of Fog and we weren’t going to be able to land, so we would fly to Sydney instead!!!
I thought, “oh my goodness – I just want to go to Brisbane”, at the same time I thought it was pretty cool we were going to go to Sydney!!!!
As we were coming into land into Sydney, I saw the Sydney Opera House and Sydney looked huge!!!
I was travelling as an unaccompanied minor.
When we landed in Sydney, I was taken to an unaccompanied minor room and waited for several hours, with another boy, who was travelling as an unaccompanied minor to Brisbane as well, until we got on a Qantas flight and flew to Brisbane.
It was a very long day, Mum had woken me up at 3:30 in the morning, to go to Christchurch airport, and I finally landed in Brisbane at 2:30 in the afternoon, local time, which was 4:30 in the afternoon, Christchurch time.
It was just the beginning of an exciting holiday though, I went to Dreamworld twice, the movies and lots and lots of Thai!!!
It’s nice to be home, but I can’t wait for my next adventure!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment