Tennis
The history of tennis dates back several thousand years. The game was first created by European monks to be played for entertainment purposes. To start with the tennis ball was hit with the hand. Later on the leather glove was introduced to the game, also for hitting the ball. This was soon replaced with a handle for better serving and a faster game and that was how the first racquet came to be. The tennis ball also went through many changes. The first was a wooden ball the second a bouncier leather ball. The game was very popular.
My favourite tennis player is Roger Federer. He has won 16 grand slams and lost 6.
My best stoke is my forehand. I have been playing for 5 and a half years I have won 5 trophies and 5 medals. I started playing in tournaments when I was 8.
This is my racquet. It is a Wilson k-blade size 26.
Thank you for listening to my speech.
Very interesting Josh.
ReplyDeleteHere is some new learning for you now that you are using the web to research and present your ideas.
If I copy and paste your speech into Google and search I get this result. http://www.historyoftennis.net/ and four other sites with the same text.
We always have to be careful to acknowledge where parts of speeches or blog posts come from.
Keep up the good work.
Mr A